We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Edeka and other shops: Salmonella sprouts discovered
The Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety is currently warning of several different Asian products that may be contaminated with Salmonella. Various articles in which sprouts are contained are affected. Some of the goods concerned were offered by Edeka.
The company Sprossenparadies GmbH calls back various sprout articles. In one control, Salmonella was detected in one batch. The bacteria can cause flu-like illnesses with fever and diarrhea. Salmonella can be a serious danger, especially for pregnant women, toddlers, people with weakened immune systems and the elderly. We strongly advise against consuming the products.
Some of the products were sold at Edeka
As reported by the Federal Food Safety Agency, the sprouts were offered under different names in several supermarkets. At EDEKA in Bavaria, the products were sold under the EDEKA Bio brand with the name "Spossen-Mix Asia". All articles in the 80 gram pack with a best-before date of 30 December 2019 are affected. EDEKA has already removed the sprouts from sale.
The affected batch was only offered in Bavaria. Consumers who have bought the corresponding product can return it for a refund of the purchase price without presenting the sales receipt, showing the empty packaging in their shops.
Other federal states affected
According to the Federal Office of Consumer Protection, the contaminated sprouts were also offered in other stores in Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria and Hamburg. It was not announced which stores in particular. The following products from Sprossenparadies GmbH are affected:
- Bio Asia-Mix sprouts 180 grams and 80 grams of husk, best before December 31, 2019
- Organic happiness blend 145 grams bowl, best before December 31, 2019
- Organic gourmet lentil sprouts 180 grams bowl, best before date December 31, 2019
- Bio Asia-Mix sprouts 500 gram bag, best before date December 29, 2019
- Organic baby mongoose sprouts 500 gram bag, best before date 29.12.2019
The corresponding products should never be consumed. Instead, they can be returned to the respective shops. The purchase price will also be reimbursed without presentation of the receipt. (vb)
Author and source information
This text corresponds to the specifications of the medical literature, medical guidelines and current studies and has been checked by medical doctors.
Graduate editor (FH) Volker Blasek
- Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety: Sprossenparadies GmbH (accessed: December 28, 2019), lebensmittelwarnung.de
- Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety: Regional product recall "Spossen-Mix Asia" of the brand EDEKA Bio (accessed: December 28, 2019), lebensmittelwarnung.de